Television, Radio, Film, and Theatre
So I'm a Television, Radio, Film and Theatre Major, Now What?
A degree in Television, Radio, Film and Theatre prepares students for careers in film and stage performance as well as broadcast media.
For additional information regarding majors within the Department of Television, Film, Radio, and Theatre please visit the department website.
Where Do My People Work?
Common Career Tracks
- According to LinkedIn, SJSU RTVF majors commonly work in media and communication, arts and design, and education. Common employers include Apple, Cisco, and Stanford University.
- Learn about the different career tracks on What Can I Do With My Major?
- Research job titles at O*Net - Career Information Database.
- Research job statistics at the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- View Payscale's Lifetime Earnings to see how years of experience influence average lifetime earnings.
Where Do I Look for Opportunities?
Job, Internship, and Volunteer Opportunities
Check SpartaJobs, SJSU's job and internship database exclusively for students.
General Job/Internship Boards
- Craigslist TV/Film/Video/Radio Jobs
- Bay Area Video Coalition
- Entertainment Careers
- Entertainment: Variety Careers
- Bay Area Society for Television, Advertising, and Radio
- Theatre Bay Area
- Playbill Online
- Public Relations & Media Jobs
How Can I Get Involved?
- American Film Institute
- Screen Actors Guild
- Motion Picture Association of America
- Recording Industry Association of America
- American Alliance for Theatre & Education
- Society for Cinema & Media Studies
- National Alliance of State Broadcasters Associations
How Can I Increase My Chances of Succeeding?
Job Search Tips
- Research company reviews, salaries, interviews, & benefits on Glassdoor.
- Use the RTVF Resume Sample and Theatre Resume Sample as a guide to tailoring your resume.
- For more resources check out Journalism and Mass Communication, Music, Dance, Communication Studies, and Education.