Internship Journey Videos
Only have a few minutes but need some advice on how to get an internship? Then you have come to the right place! Click on a Career Advice Videos thumbnail below to gain access to a wide variety of short videos to help you with your career development needs!
Check out the Internship Journey Video Series which features a diverse group of San José State University students in a variety of majors who share their internship stories.
The Internship Journey Video Series is broken down into 4 different segments and is designed to meet students in a fun and contemporary environment.
- Why Internships? Learn more about the importance of internships.
- Prepare for the Competition: Learn which materials you will need for the application process.
- The Search: Learn how to find a quality internship that's right for you.
- Tips For Success: Find out how to make the most of your internship.
This segment clears up all those confusing terms and answers specific questions you have about internships like:
- What qualifies as an internship?
- When is the best time to do one?
- Why are internships such a good thing to do?
This segment goes over all the types of materials and preparation activities you need in order to compete for the best internship experiences. SJSU students give you tips on how and when they completed their materials and the importance of preparing before you begin the actual search for a position.
Get an insider's view from employers and discover what they look for when reviewing internship applications!
This segment gives you criteria to evaluate and choose a good internship. San José State University students point you to the resources they used, their search strategies, and even some tips on creating a proposal for a new internship position.
This segment gives you tips on how to do well once you land the position. Finish the journey right by hearing from other San José State University students and get the employer perspective on what makes a successful intern.