As international students, you have unique circumstances due to work authorization and employment eligibility for on-campus or off campus jobs, internships, part-time and full time jobs.
We offer specialized programs and services to help you explore careers and search for job and internship.
Job Search Resources
Search for jobs and internship opportunities.
- Register and create a SJSU Handshake account.
- View this video to learn how to update your OPT/CPT eligibility status on your SJSU Handshake profile.
- Check it often for on-campus, off-campus, part-time, full-time and internship opportunities.
Job and Internship Search - Webshop and Tools
- Develop a tailored resume.
- Learn how to overcome cultural barriers in the US interview.
- Practice your communication and interviewing skills with Big Interview - an online mock interviewing tool.
- Evaluate what factors to think about when considering an offer
- Find job success in the US
- FAQs for international students
USA Job & Internship Search Resources
- GoinGlobal: a resource for international students desiring work in the U.S.
- My Visa Jobs: find employers who submit for H1B visas.
- H-1B Visa Jobs and Sponsorship Portal to find advice about applying for H-1B and list of H-1B sponsors.
International Job & Internship Search Resources
- GoinGlobal: a resource for students who are interested to work in other countries
- Internshala: find internship opportunities in India on the country's largest internship platform
Services, Workshops, and Events
Locate the right office and connect with the appropriate SJSU staff to find the service you need on this International Student On-Campus Resource Sheet.
International Student Advising
Schedule an appointment, attend a drop-in or workshop to meet with an adviser who is ready to provide guidance and information on work authorization and employment eligibility for international students.
International Students Discussion Group
International students meet weekly to discuss various topics such as culture shock, adjustment and language barriers and homesickness.
International Students Writing Center support
Improve your writing skills and get help from the Writing Center. Schedule a tutoring session, attend a workshop, and/or use their valuable writing resources. Also be sure to refer to online resources and review the "Resources for Multilingual Learners" section.