CASA Research Grants
Many CASA faculty members receive funding to conduct their research work. Recent awards are listed here.
CASA Incentive Grant Awards
For most of the last several years, the CASA Deans office has awarded $25,000 incentive grants through a competitive process to CASA faculty researchers. Recent awardees and their projects are listed below.
Incentive grants were not funded this year.
- Deepika Goyal, Nursing; Kasuen Mauldin, NFSP - Effect of Maternal Lipid Metabolism on Pregnancy Outcomes in Obese Pregnant Women
- Danielle Harris, Justice Studies -Desistance from Sexual Offending: Protective Factors across the Lifespan
- Soma Sen, Social Work; Van Ta Park, Health Sciences - HIV Stigma and HIV Testing Behaviors among Asian American and Pacific Islander
- Lili Luo, SLIS; Van Ta Park, Health Sciences - Preparing Public Libraries to Support Health Literacy in the Communities
- Deepika Goyal, Nursing; Van Ta Park, Health Sciences - Perspectives of Postpartum Depression in Asian Indian Mothers
- Sandi Hirsh, SLIS & Alice Hines, Dean's Office - Online Graduate Programs in Vietnam: A Model for Global Partnerships
- Allessandro De Giorgi, Justice Studies - Return to Ghost Town: Concentrated Incarceration and Prisoner Reentry in an Oakland Neighborhood
- Laurie Drabble, Social Work - Collaborative Research Team: Drug and Alcohol Services and Systems
- Peter Lee, Social Work & Lili Luo, SLIS - Social Workers in the Library: A Unique Collaborative Model to Increase Access to Social Services
- Lori Rodriguez, Nursing - ADN to BSN Nursing Education: Program Evaluation
- Ranjan Bandyopadhyay, HTRM & Soma Sen, Social Work - Social Justice and Child-Sex Tourism in India
- Mark Correia & Bill Armaline, Justice Studies - Attitudes Toward Police and State Authority Across Race and Immigration Status in the EastBay
- Sang Lee & Sadhna Diwarn, Social Work; Daryl Canham, Nursing - Exploring Definitions of Health, Health Promotion, and Health Literacy among Older Asian Indian and Vietnamese Immigrants
- Kathy Lemon Osterling and Meekyung Han, Social Work - Acculturation, Parenting, and Child Well-being among Mexican Immigrant and Vietnamese Immigrant Families: Toward a Better Understanding of Family Dynamics
- Coleen O'Leary-Kelly, Nursing - Mannequins and Avatars: Bridging the Clinical Skills Gap with Innovative Nursing Simulations
- Vivian Wong, Nursing - How Does Repositioning of the Body Affect Skin Blood Flow?