Reasons to Integrate Community Learning
- Make a difference for the university and surrounding
community by helping to address pressing community problems.
- Enhance your teaching effectiveness by providing students
with a "real world" context for theory and discipline-specific
- Engage students through powerful curricula, interactive
classroom discussions and personalized student learning.
- Raise students' awareness of current social and community
issues as they relate to academic areas of interest.
- Develop students' critical thinking, writing, interpersonal
communication and citizenship skills.
- Advance your research & scholarship efforts