Program Learning Objectives
Students in the MA degree program are expected to demonstrate competence in the Standards for the Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology set forth by the Council for Clinical Certification in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CFCC) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. In addition, graduate students in the CD&S Department are also expected to demonstrate competence in the following Program Learning Objectives.
- Graduates will demonstrate foundational knowledge of speech-language, hearing, and swallowing disorders.
- Graduates will demonstrate clinical competence in assessment, differential diagnosis, and intervention in working with clients from diverse backgrounds.
- Graduates will be able to provide collaborative, inter-professional family centered services to clients.
- Graduates will integrate evidence-based practices to guide and inform clinical decisions and service delivery.
- Graduates will demonstrate professionalism, ethical actions, and advocacy for persons with speech-language, hearing, and swallowing disorders.
- Graduates will demonstrate skills in oral and written or other forms of communication sufficient for entry into professional practice of speech-language pathology.