Departmental Advising

Undergraduate and graduate students in Communicative Disorders & Sciences are strongly encouraged to meet with a departmental academic advisor at least once per semester.  These meetings will provide you with an opportunity to plan your courses and discuss your degree progress. 

Bachelor of Arts Degree Advisement


To make an appointment for advising: 
  1. Go to
  2. From your student homepage, select the blue "Get Advising" button on the right sidebar.
  3. Choose a location for the appointment - LCOE Faculty Office SH 438 for CDS specific advising, LCOE Student Success Center SH 106 for general advising. 
  4. Follow the prompts and select the reason for your appointment.
  5. Choose a specific advisor  
  6. Choose a date and time. Note: Appointments must be made 24 hours in advance. 
  7. Verify the who, what, when, where, and why, add comments, then confirm the appointment.

Master of Arts Degree Advisement

Graduate student advisement is provided by individual faculty members assigned to each student upon matriculation into the graduate program.