SJSU Chapter of CFA
The California Faculty Association (CFA) is the exclusive collective bargaining representative for the 24,000 California State University faculty, including tenure-track faculty, lecturer faculty, librarians, counselors and coaches in the 23-campus CSU system.
Visit the main CFA website.
Purposes of the CFA
According to the CFA Bylaws, last revised April 2011, the CFA is established:
- To strengthen the cause of higher education for the public good;
- To promote and maintain the standards and ideals of the profession;
- To provide a democratic voice for academic employees;
- To provide legislative advocacy; and
- To maintain collective bargaining agreements covering salaries, working conditions, and other items and conditions of employment.
These agreements shall seek:
- To obtain explicit guarantees of academic freedom, tenure, and academic due process;
- To create orderly and clear procedures for prompt consideration of problems and grievances;
- To promote and protect the professional and economic interests of CFA and all bargaining unit members; and
- To promote unity among academic employees and thereby enhance the effectiveness of the CFA in representing these employees.