"If you don't know where you are sailing, no wind is favorable." (Roman philosopher, Senecca) The information in this page is designed to help you plan and manage your career at different stages.
The Center partners with the Office of Faculty Affairs throughout the semester, to offer informational sessions and workshops on topics relating to tenure, promotion, career planning and work life balance. We invite you to attend any of the sessions you think might be useful for you.
New Faculty Orientation Sessions
Meet campus leaders, collaborate with colleagues, become familiar with campus resources and learn helpful tips as you get under way at SJSU.
- New Tenure-track Faculty Welcome and Orientation [pdf] session, Fall 2017 (August 22, 2017)
- New Lecturer Welcome and Orientation [pdf] sessions, Fall 2017 (August 23 & 24, 2017)
Career Planning Events/Workshops
As you plan the next steps in your career, consider what the experts - SJSU faculty members who have been honored for their teaching, their scholarship or their service - have to say:
- Suggestions for Becoming A Master Researcher [pdf]
- Suggestions for Becoming A Master Teacher [pdf]
- Suggestions for Becoming A Master Administrator [pdf]