The Center for Faculty Development is delighted to host or co-host occasional day-long and multi-day conferences focused on topics pertaining to teaching and learning, and faculty professional development. Information about up-coming events can be found below. Information about past events is also archived on this page.
Engaging for Success:
Learning together - Promoting inclusion - Redefining ability
Please join us for a day of conversation, information sessions, workshops and hands-on demonstrations focused on what we are doing - and what we can do - to enhance accessibility and support the academic success of all our students, regardless of their limitations or learning needs.
When: March 21st, Tuesday, 2017, 9 am - 4 pm
Where: Diaz-Compean Student Union Ballrooms B and C
This event is co-sponsored by the Center for Faculty Development, the Connie L. Lurie College of Education, the Accessible Education Center, and the Accessible Technology Initiative Instructional Materials Committee at San José State University.
Conference Slides and Recordings
- Parent Panel short video recording For full version, include your name, organization and send your request to CFD Office.
Slides: Introductory and Parents Panel slides [pdf]
- Education Expert Panel I video recording
Slides: Autism slides [pdf], Concussion slides [pdf], and Stuttering slides[pdf]
- Social and Co-curricular Engagement Panel video recording
- Keynote video recording
Slides: Keynote speech slides [pdf]
- Expert Panel II video recording
Slides: Multi-Sensory Teaching slides [pdf]
- Students Panel video recording: Students' Perspective: A conversation with students, led by students
- Faculty Panel video recording: Faculty Best Practices: A conversation about strategies and techniques.
Assistive Technology Demo Recordings
- An Introduction to Screen Readers
- Bridges (Wireless Realtime Captioning)
- Learning Styles & Accessibility Using Apple Technology
- How to Evaluate a Website's Accessibility
19th Annual CSU Teaching and Learning Symposium (October 21 & 22, 2016)