The Center for Faculty Development is delighted to host or co-host occasional half-day, day-long and multi-day conferences focused on topics pertaining to teaching and learning, and faculty professional development. Information about up-coming events can be found below. Information about past events is also archived on this page.
2018 Engaging for Success Inclusive Dialogue
Please join us to have a conversation with students, faculty and staff to raise awarness about creating accessible and inclusive teaching and learning environments.
Date and Time: May 1st (Tuesday), 10 - 12 noon
Location: Diaz Compean Student Union Room 1A and B
- Learing through Unlearning
- What to do when students are sleeping through class: UDL Checkpoints for Action and Expression
- A Place for All [pdf]: The Importance of Classroom Climate in Fostering Inclusion
- STEM for Everyone [pdf]
You can view the first hour of this event via web stream.
Engaging for Success Series:
Please join us for two interactive workshops for academic advisors, support staff, tutors, peer mentors and faculty:
- November 2 (Thursday), 2017, 11:30 am - 1:30 pm at Student Union Room 3B
The 21st Century Study Skills: Activating the Inactive Learner [pdf]
- November 3 (Friday), 2017, 9:30 am - 1 pm at Student Union Room 1A - 1B
Designing for Inclusive Instruction [pdf] - Reaching and Teaching the Wide Range of Learning in Your Classes
Note: We appreciate you referencing the source when you use any portion of the slides.
- The Engaging for Success Series Workshop, November, 2017
- The 2017 Inaugural Engaging for Success Conference, March, 2017
- The 19th Annual CSU Teaching and Learning Symposium, October, 2016