Faculty Diversity Development - Research, Curricular and Creative Activities Award program
The Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion announces a Faculty Diversity Development grant program, providing support to lecturers, tenure-track and tenured faculty for their research, scholarship and creative activities.
Applicants are invited to submit proposals for funding to assist them as they advance an on-going area of research, curricular and creative activity, or as they launch a new endeavor.
Faculty who receive funding through this program are expected to share their accomplishments at a campus-wide event and will also be expected to serve as a resource for future Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion activities.
DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED: Applications are due in the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion by Tuesday, January 10th, 2017. Please see Submission Procedures below for further information. Proposal due date and time are FIRM. Late proposals WILL NOT be accepted.
- All faculty are eligible to apply.
- Only one proposal per faculty member may be submitted.
- Collaborative proposals submitted by more than one faculty member will be considered. In such cases, each faculty member should write their own proposal independently describing the joint effort in general and their particular contribution in greater detail. Indicate whether the project can go forward if only one faculty member’s proposal is funded.
- Applicants MUST ATTEND TWO Center for Faculty Development workshops or activities before the submission date.
Types of Funding:
- Lecturers may apply for a summer salary award ($5,000 for July 2017 or June 2018) or for funds to support their RSCA (up to $5,000, see Budget Form).
- Tenured and tenure-track faculty may apply for release time (0.2 for Fall 2017 or Spring 2018), or a summer salary award ($5,000 for July 2017 or June 2018), or for funds to support their RSCA (up to $5,000, see Budget Form).
A paper copy of the complete application (Cover Page, Budget Form, and Narrative) with your original signature as well as that of your Chair/Director, must be submitted to the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion by 5:00 p.m. (located in Tower Hall 109) by Tuesday, December 9, 2016.
- Faculty Diversity Development RCCA award information sheet [pdf]
- RCCA Cover page [doc]
- RCCA Budget form [doc]
If you have any questions about this funding opportunity, please contact Kathleen Wong(Lau) at 269-547-0226 [cell] or email at Kathleen.email@example.com