Undergraduate Research Awards
Undergraduate Research Grants (URG) Program
To support undergraduate students to get involved in Research, Scholarship and Creative Activity (RSCA), the Center for Faculty Development partners with the Office of Research to offer an Undergraduate Research Grants (URG) Program.
Typically in April of each academic year, any undergraduate students currently enrolled
with a faculty mentor are eligible to apply. Awards will be granted up to $1,000
The completed application package, including the application form and budget sheet, for Academic Year (AY) 2018-19 are due to the Center for Faculty Development at firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, April 10, 2018.
The application proposal will be evaluated based on this Evaluation Rubric and as follows:
- The overall quality of the proposal
- The significance of the project and merit of the work including the likelihood that the project will make a contribution to the student’s area of study
- The appropriateness of the methodology or the creative focus
- The potential for accomplishing the proposed project
- The strength of the proposed mentoring relationship.
- Undergraduate Research Award Grantees Spring 2016 [pdf]
- Undergraduate Research Award Grantees Spring 2015 [pdf]
- Undergraduate Research Award Grantees Spring 2014 [pdf]
- Undergraduate Research Award Grantees Spring 2013 [pdf]
- Undergraduate Research Award Grantees Spring 2012 [pdf]
The Center for Faculty Development partners with units across the campus, including the Office of Research, Peer Connections, the University Library and others, to provide opportunities for faculty to include undergraduate students in their research and scholarly and creative activites. These kinds of experiences can be enormously valuable for students and faculty alike. We encouage faculty to learn more about this program, and to consider participating.
Council on Undergraduate Research