This page provides you with a summary list of various accessibility resources.
- Is My Document Accessible? [pdf]
- Microsoft Accessibility Overview
- 10 Tips for Creating Accessible Course Content [pdf]
- 10 Tips for Creating Accessible Course Content with examples
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0
- Section 508 Accessibility Checklists
- Web Accessibility 101: Web Headings for Screen Reader
- Accessibility guidelines for Word documents with video tutorials
- Creating Accessible Word Documents [pdf]
- WebAIM's Creating Accessible Microsoft Word Documents
- CSU Checklist for Accessible Microsoft Word Document [pdf]
- 32 Word 2010 Accessibility Video Tutorials at CSU
- Microsoft Office Guidelines on Creating accessible Word documents
- Video tutorials on creating accessible documents from the Equity and Excellence in Higher Education: Universal Course Design (UCD) web site
- Accessibility guidelines for PowerPoint documents with video tutorials
- Creating Accessible PowerPoint Slides [pdf]
- 13 PowerPoint Accessibility Video Tutorials at CSU
- Microsoft Office Guidelines on Creating accessible PowerPoint presentations
- LecShare-Lite: a free download without technical support on how to create accessible and online presentation
- Microsoft Office Guidelines on Creating accessible Excel spreadsheet
- Start with an Accessible Excel Template video
- Accessibility guidelines for pdf documents with video tutorials
- Introduction to PDF Accessibility video tutorial at CSU
- Creating accessible and fillable forms [pdf]
- Guidance: Making Accessible PDFs
- Creating Accessible Adobe PDF Files
Captioning for Video materials
- Complete this captioning request form to request support to add closed captions or transcripts for your instructional videos. Visit captioning support and services for more information.
- Creating accessible video via YouTube Captioning Tutorial [pdf]: A self-paced tutorial which guides you to use your SJSUOne YouTube account to add or edit captions or transcript for your videos. One-on-one consultation is available at the Center Lab in IRC 202.
- : A self-help tutorial which provides you step-by-step instruction on how to turn a PowerPoint slide with narration into an accessible video file.
- Creating an accessible screencast [pdf]: A self-help tutorial which gives you step-by-step instruction on how to capture computer screen and turn it into an accessible video tutorial for your students.
- MovieCaptioner software: A captioning software available at Center Lab on the Macintosh
for your self-help captioning needs. Request a copy of MovieCaptioner from Center Lab in IRC 202.
- Captioning Resources at CSU
- Captioning Guide at CSU [pdf]
- CSU Captioning
- Web Accessibility at SJSU
- To create accessible official faculty website, visit communication technology.
- To create administrative or department websites, visit OU Campus Training provided by SJSU's Web services
- Web Accessibility Evaluation Resources at CSU
- Other available web accessibility resources:
- W3C's Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI): an initiative with strategies, guidelines, training and resources to help make the Web accessible to people with disabilities
- HiSoftware® Cynthia Says™ Portal: a tool to test the accessibility of your web content by entering your URL
- WebAIM (Web Accessibility in Mind): offers product, services, training and other popular resources to evaluate the accessibility of your web content
- WAVE: a tool developed by WebAIM to evaluate the accessibility of your web content
Resources from CSU
- " From where I sit" video series - a powerful video series of CSU students with learning disabilities to help you understand how they learn. This series is produced by Accessible Technology Initiative (ATI) at CSU.
- Accessible Technology Resources for Teaching and Learning at CSU
- Accessible Technology Initiative at CSU
Resources from SJSU
- Accessible Technology Initiative at SJSU
- Accessible Education Center: provides accessibility accommodations and services for students and employees
- Accessibility Services at the SJSU Library
- SJSU free software download
Resources for UDL
- UDL Universe: A Comprehensive Faculty Development Guide based on research to accommodate individual learning differences or styles through collaboration and technology - an EnACT~PTD grant
- Nine Common Elements of Universal Design for Learning in Higher Education [pdf]
- Affordable Learning Solutions (ALS) and UDL workshop in June, 2012 at SJSU. UDL slides [pdf], handouts and resources are available for viewing.
Other UDL Related Resources:
- Center for Applied Special Technology (CAST) - a nonprofit research and development organization founded in 1984 with the goal to expand learning opportunities for all individuals through UDL
- Teaching Every Students in the Digital Age: a must-read book on UDL
- National Center of UDL: a National UDL Task Force focusing on higher education
- Knowbility - a nonprofit organization dedicated to support user friendly, barrier-free accessible information technology that's smart for business
- Disabilities, Opportunities, Internetworking, and Technology (DO-IT) - an organization at University of Washington that promotes the success of individuals with disabilities in post-secondary education and careers, using technology as an empowering tool
- Association on Higher Education And Disability (AHEAD): A professional membership organization for faculty and disability service professionals involved in policy development and provision of quality services for people with disabilities in higher education