- Is My Document Accessible? [pdf]
- Accessibility in Microsoft office 2010
- Are My Course Materials Accessible? [pdf]
- Word Basics and Accessible Documents [pdf]
- Video Clip on Quick Tips for Creating Accessible Documents
- CSU Checklist for Accessible Microsoft Word Document [pdf]
- 32 Word 2010 Accessibility Video Tutorials at CSU
- Creating accessible Word documents
- Video tutorials on creating accessible documents from the Equity and Excellence in Higher Education: Universal Course Design (UCD) web site
- PowerPoint Basics and Accessible Slides [pdf]
- 13 PowerPoint Accessibility Video Tutorials at CSU
- Creating accessible PowerPoint presentations
- LecShare: create accessible and online presentation
- Introduction to PDF Accessibility video tutorial at CSU
- Creating accessible and fillable forms [pdf]
- Guide to Creating Accessible PDF Documents
- Creating Accessible Adobe PDF Files
- SJSU Captioning Guidelines and Processes: Limited funding available to add captioning for your videos. Send your request to Chris Laxton at Academic Technology.
- YouTube Captioning Tutorial [pdf]: A self-paced tutorial which guides you to use your SJSUOne YouTube account to add or edit captions or transcriptions for your videos. One-0n-one consultation available at the Center.
- MovieCaptioner software: A captioning software available at Center Lab on the Macintosh for your self-help captioning needs.
- MovieCaptioner tutorial [pdf]
- MovieCaptioner tutorial video
- Web Accessibility at SJSU
- To create accessible faculty websites, view Tutorial on Website Builder [pdf]
- To create administrative or department websites, visit OU Campus Training provided by SJSU's Web services
- Web Accessibility Evaluation Resources at CSU
- Other available web accessibility resources:
- W3C's Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI): develops strategies, guidelines, training and resources to help make the Web accessible to people with disabilities.
- HiSoftware® Cynthia Says™ Portal: a tool to test the accessibility of your web content by entering your URL
- WebAIM (Web Accessibility in Mind): offers product, services, training and other popular resources to evaluate the accessibility of your web content
- WAVE: a tool developed by WebAIM to evaluate the accessibility of your web content
- Accessibility Wizard for Microsoft Office: A tool to evaluate desktop applications
- LecShare: Creating accessible and online presentation
Resources from CSU
- " From where I sit" video series - a powerful video series of CSU students with learning disabilities produced by Accessible Technology Initiative (ATI), CSU
- Accessible Technology Resources for Teaching and Learning at CSU
- Accessible Technology Initiative at CSU
Resources from SJSU
- Accessible Technology Initiative at SJSU
- Disability Resource Center: provides accessibility accommodations and services for students and employees
- SJSU and CSU Software and Licensing Agreements
RESOURCES FOR UDL
- UDL-U: A Comprehensive Faculty Development Guide based on research to accommodate individual learning differences or styles through collaboration and technology - an EnACT~PTD grant.
- Nine Common Elements of Universal Design for Learning in Higher Education [pdf]
- Affordable Learning Solutions (ALS) and UDL workshop in June, 2012 at SJSU. UDL slides [pdf], handouts and resources are available for viewing.
Other UDL Related Resources:
- Center for Applied Special Technology (CAST) - a nonprofit research and development organization founded in 1984 with the goal to expand learning opportunities for all individuals through UDL
- Knowbility - a nonprofit organization dedicated to support user friendly, barrier-free accessible information technology that's smart for business
- Disabilities, Opportunities, Internetworking, and Technology (DO-IT) - an organization at University of Washington that promotes the success of individuals with disabilities in post-secondary education and careers, using technology as an empowering tool
- Association on Higher Education And Disability (AHEAD): A professional membership organization for faculty and disability service professionals involved in policy development and provision of quality services for people with disabilities in higher education
- To Rethink Your Syllabus: a resource from Emroy University to guide you in the development of your syllabus.