Students may apply for the departmental honor's program if they meet the following criteria:
- Completion of 9 units if upper division ChAD coursework with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.5, and
- Completion of CD 101 or Stat 95 (or equivalent) with a grade of A- or better.
Students who meet the entrance criteria will be awarded departmental honors by showing evidence of distinguished scholarly work as indicated by the following:
- Completion of a BA Honors Thesis (ChAD 199: Honors Thesis) or authorship of a published paper (published abstracts excluded) or presenting author of research findings at a professional meeting.
- Minimum GPA of 3.5 in all upper division Child and Adolescent Development courses.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 in all other courses taken for the degree.
If you are thinking about participating in the ChAD Honors Program, contact any one
of the following faculty members to talk about your interest: