Students may apply for the departmental honor's program if they meet the following criteria:
- Completion of 9 units if upper division ChAD coursework with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.5, and
- Completion of CD 101 or Stat 95 (or equivalent) with a grade of A- or better.
Students who meet the entrance criteria will be awarded departmental honors by showing evidence of distinguished scholarly work as indicated by the following:
- Completion of a BA Honors Thesis (ChAD 199: Honors Thesis) or authorship of a published paper (published abstracts excluded) or presenting author of research findings at a professional meeting.
- Minimum GPA of 3.5 in all upper division Child and Adolescent Development courses.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 in all other courses taken for the degree.
If you are interested in participating in the Honors Program, call ( 924-3718) for the name of the department honors advisor for the semester that you wish to apply.