Becoming a ChAD Major
Thinking about changing your major to
Child & Adolescent Development?
ChAD currently accepts all students who would like to complete the major but there are eligibility criteria for admission to the program. The Advising Hub provides information about declaring a major.
For ChAD it's as easy as 1, 2, 3. Here's all you need to do . . .
1. If you were not accepted as a ChAD major at the time you enrolled at SJSU, admission to the ChAD major requires completion of these four courses:
- ChAD 60*
- ChAD 67*
- PSYCH 1*
- STAT 95* or SOCS 15* or ChAD 101
* You may have taken these courses at another college. Check for course equivalencies on the SJSU articulation site.
2. Take your change of major form to the ChAD office (SH 201) for a signature. Be sure to have a grade printout that shows completion of all four courses required for admission to the program.
3. Once you are a declared ChAD major, prepare for an advisement appointment, something you can schedule yourself in SH 201.