Associate Dean of Research, Office of Research
Inorganic Chemistry and Chemical Biology
B.S., Chemistry, University Louis Pasteur, Strasbourg, France, 1993
M.S., Chemistry, University Louis Pasteur, Strasbourg, France, 1994
D.E.A., Post-Master Degree, Inorganic Chemistry, University Louis Pasteur, Strasbourg, France, 1995
Ph.D., Coordination Chemistry,University of Lausanne, Switzerland, 2001
Teaching Post-doctoral Scholar, University of Minnesota Duluth, 2001-2004
- Designing, characterizing, and providing important specific information concerning the thermodynamic, structural, dynamic, spectroscopic, and chiroptical properties of luminescent lanthanide complexes with chiral ligands as potential probes of more complex molecules, e.g. biomolecules, for instance by preferential interaction with one enantiomer.
- Designing, synthesizing, and spectral characterization of chiral lanthanide complexes for applications as chiroptical probes.
- Studying of the solution structure of chiral lanthanide complexes by circularly polarized luminescence (CPL), a chiroptical technique.
- Lanthanide(III) luminescence as a probe of structures, dynamics, and excited state energetics of metal-containing biomolecular systems such as Ca(II)-binding proteins.
- Developing, maintaining, improving and using a chiroptical induced-CPL-based technique to determine the absolute configuration of simple chiral organic molecules, as well as to study the polarization of the emitted light of metal-containing and/or organic compounds.
- Localizing Perturbations of the Racemic Equilibria Involving Dipicolinate Derived Lanthanide(III) Complexes, B. T. Nguyen, A. J. Ingram, G. Muller, Chirality, 2016,28, 325-331.
- Circularly Polarized Luminescence From Simple Organic Molecules, E. M. Sanchez-Carnerero, A. R. Agarrabeita, F. Moreno, B. L. Maroto, G. Muller, M. J. Ortiz, S. de la Moya, Chem. Eur. J., 2015,21, 13488-13500.
- Enantio-Enriched CPL-Active Helicene-Bipyridine-Rhenium Complexes, N. Saleh, M. Srebro, T. Reynaldo, N. Vanthuyne, L. Toupet, V. Y. Chang, G. Muller, J. A. G. Williams, C. Roussel, J. Autschbach, J. Crassous, Chem. Commun., 2015, 51, 3754-3757.
- Potential Switchable Circularly Polarized Luminescence From Chiral Cyclometalated Platinum(II) Complexes, X.-P. Zhang, V. Y. Chang, J. Liu, X. Yang, W. Huang, Y. Li, C.-H. Li, G. Muller, X.-Z. You, Inorg. Chem., 2015, 54, 143-152.
- Acid-Base Triggered Switching Circularly Polarized Luminescence and Electronic Circular Dichroism in Organic and Organometallic Helicenes, N. Saleh, B. Moore, II, M. Srebro, N. Vanthuyne, L. Toupet, J. A. G. Williams, C. Roussel, K. K. Deol, G. Muller, J. Autschbach, J. Crassous, Chem. Eur. J., 2015, 21, 1673-1681.
- Circularly Polarized Luminescence; G. Muller, In Luminescence of Lanthanide Ions in Coordination Compounds and Nanomaterials, First Edition, Ed. A. de Bettencourt-Dias, John Wiley & Sons, Inc.: Chichester, United Kingdom, 2014, Chapter 3, pp. 77-124.
- Circularly Polarized Luminescence by Visible-Light Absorption in a Chiral O-BODIPY Dye: Unprecedented Design of CPL Organic Molecules From Achiral Chromophores, E. M. Sanchez-Carnerero, F. Moreno, B. L. Maroto, A. R. Agarrabeita, M. J. Ortiz, B. G. Vo, G. Muller, S. de la Moya, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2014, 136, 3346-3349.