Annalise Van Wyngarden
Physical and Atmospheric Chemistry
Research Group Page
B.A. Spanish, Hope College, Holland, Michigan, 2000
B.S. Chemistry, Hope College, Holland, Michigan, 2000
Ph.D. Chemistry, University of California Berkeley, 2006
Postdoctoral Fellow, NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, California, 2006 - 2009
Effects of organic chemistry on the climate-changing properties of atmospheric aerosols. Formation and optical properties of organic coatings on atmospheric aerosols (especially in the upper troposphere and lower stratosphere). Chemical transformations in aerosols during cloud formation and evaporation. Photochemistry of organics in aerosols.
- K. A. Mar, A. L. Van Wyngarden, C.-W. Liang, Y. T. Lee, J. J. Lin, and K. A. Boering. “A crossed beam study of 18O(3P) + NO2 and 18O(1D) + NO2: Isotope exchange and O2 + NO formation channels,” Journal of Chemical Physics 137, 044302, DOI: 10.1063/1.4736567, 2012.
- A. L. Van Wyngarden, K. A. Mar, K. A. Boering, J. J. Lin, Y. T. Lee, S. Y. Lin, H. Guo, and G. Lendvay. “Non-statistical Behavior of Reactive Scattering in the 18O + 32O2 Isotope Exchange Reaction,” Journal of the American Chemical Society 129 (10): 2866-2870, 2007.
- M. J. Perri, A. L. Van Wyngarden, J. J. Lin, Y. T. Lee, K. A. Boering. “ Energy dependence of oxygen isotope exchange and quenching in the O( 1D) + CO 2 reaction: A crossed molecular beam study,” Journal of Physical Chemistry A 108 (39): 7995-8001, 2004.
- M. J. Perri, A. L. Van Wyngarden, K. A. Boering, J. J. Lin, Y. T. Lee. “ Dynamics of the O( 1D) + CO 2 oxygen isotope exchange reaction,” Journal of Chemical Physics 119 (16): 8213-8216, 2003.
- S. Van den Berghe, M. Verwerft, J. P. Laval, B. Gaudreau, P. G. Allen, A. Van Wyngarden.“The local uranium environment in cesium uranates: A combined XPS, XAS, XRD, and neutron diffraction analysis,” Journal of Solid State Chemistry 166 (2): 320-329, 2002.
- G. F. Peaslee, D. A. Carlson, E. C. Hansen, S. S. Hendrickson, R. J. Timmer, A. L. Van Wyngarden, J. D. Wilcox. “A comparison between PIXE studies and electron microprobe studies of rocks from southern India,” Applications of Accelerators in Research and Industry: AIP Conference Proceedings 475 (1): 456-9, 1999.