Imagine Yourself Here!
For any questions, please email email@example.com
The Visiting Professionals Program offers a 4-week Postgraduate Management Program for students to take 2 fundamentals of Business Management courses in Silicon Valley.
- Program Highlights
- Admission Reuirements
- About the Program
- Program Cost
- Housing Options
- Program Brochure (PDF)
- 4-week intensive program with interactive classroom work and a variety of practical site visits
- Offered Summer 2016 (see dates below)
- Small classes (average 15 students)
- Study with renown San Jose State University faculty
- Ideal for students with a limited amount of time for study
- Earn a valuable San Jose State University Certificate of Participation to enhance your career
- Visiting Professionals should have English language proficiency. Suggested demonstrated proficiency levels are as follows:
|English Proficiency Test||Score|
|Internet Based TOEFL - iBT||69|
|International English Language Testing System - IELTS||6.0|
|Pearson Test of English - PTE||53|
|Test of English for International Communication - TOEIC||750|
|Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dienst - DAAD||B/C|
|Common European Framework of Reference - CEFR||B2|
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent combination of academic and management experience) required
- No GMAT or management experience required
Application Deadline: This program has limited enrollment and can fill quickly. We recommend you apply 3 to 6 months prior to the program start date to better assure placement in desired classes.
About the Visiting Professionals Program
The 4-week Postgraduate Management Program offers students 3 course options to select from that cover the fundamentals of Business Management. Students select any 2:
1. Strategic Management
Participants engage in discussions and role-playing. Topics include:
- Competitive advantage
- Customers and employees
- Global negotiations
- Going international
- Cross-cultural communication
- Strategies for high-growth business
- Bridging management and technology
2. Multinational Financial Management
Concentrate on issues particular to conducting business globally. Learn techniques and theories, apply them to case studies, and develop them further through seminar sessions. Topics include:
- International multinational environment
- Growth in the world financial markets
- Emerging markets
- Country risk and international trade
- Comparative accounting systems
- Currency trading
- Foreign exchange risk management
- Financial international agreements
- Case summary solutions
3. Global Marketing Management
The best products, ideas and people can come from anywhere in the world. Gain unique strategies and develop a global approach to marketing. Topics include:
- Global thinking in marketing
- International entrepreneurship and “intrapreneurship”
- Global marketing mix
- Standardization vs. adaptation
- Pricing strategies
- Internet marketing and e-commerce
- Global supply chain management
- Marketing research
- Promotional strategies
- Consumer behavior
|Application Fee (nonrefundable)||$250.00|
|Student Services Fee (campus facilities use)||$150.00|
|Medical Insurance (dependents extra)||$271.41|
|Book and Supplies||$100.00
NOTE: The cost for the program does NOT include housing and other expenses.
Students select any 2 course modules:
|Course Module I - Strategic Management||July 8 - 22|
|Course Module II - Multinational Financial Management||July 23 - August 6|
|Course Module III - Global Marketing Management||August 7 - 21|
Housing is available (1) on campus at SJSU OR (2) off campus at Oakwood Apartments.
On Campus Housing:
On the beautiful San Jose State University (SJSU) campus, housing is available for $71 per person per night.
To make your reservation:
- Visit bit.ly/sjsuConfReg
- Highlight the link "Visiting Professional" and then click "Sign Up"
- Fill out the reservation form, indicate the dates you will be staying, and make your payment.
Off Campus Housing:
At the Oakwood Apartments in Sunnyvale California (about 10 miles from SJSU). Rates start at $169 per night. To make a reservation, go to: http://www.oakwood.com/furnished-apartments/furnished/US/CA/Sunnyvale/prop30276.html
REFUND POLICY: Full Refund (less application fee) IF class dropped at least one month before class start date. NO Refund when class dropped within one month of class start. If payment by credit card is not paid by the bank, student is responsible for all course fees plus a $25.00 fee.
IMPORTANT: Although this class schedule is prepared on the basis of the best information available at the time, all information including class meeting times and locations, course offerings and availability of enrollment is subject to change without notice or obligation. The University does not guarantee the availability of a particular course or section.
CSU makes every effort to keep student costs to a minimum. Fees listed in published schedules or student accounts may need to be increased when public funding is inadequate. Therefore, CSU must reserve the right, even after fees are initially charged or initial fee payments are made, to increase or modify any listed fees. All listed fees, other than mandatory systemwide fees, are subject to change without notice, until the date when instruction for a particular semester or quarter has begun. All CSU listed fees should be regarded as estimates that are subject to change upon approval by the Board of Trustees, the Chancellor, or the Presidents, as appropriate. Changes in mandatory systemwide fees will be made in accordance with the requirements of the Working Families Student Fee Transparency and Accountability Act (Sections 66028 - 66028.6 of the Education Code).