The mission of the CLFSA is to advocate and support opportunities for Chicano/Latino students, faculty and staff at San Jose State University.
Its specific objectives are to ensure that the University:
- Increases access, retention and graduation rates of Chicano/Latino students.
- Recruits, retains, promotes and tenures greater numbers of Chicano/Latino faculty and staff.
- Provides increased opportunities for Chicano/Latino faculty and staff to advance to administrative and policy-making positions.
- Reflects the Chicano/Latino experience throughout the curriculum.
- Improves its linkages with and service to the Chicano/Latino community.