Article I - Name
- The name of this organization is Chicano/Latino Faculty &
Staff Association of San José State University.
- The principle office of this organization is fixed and located at San José State University.
Article II – Mission Statement
The mission of the CLFSA is to advocate and support
opportunities for Latino students, faculty
and staff at San José State University. Its specific objectives are to insure that the university:
- Increases access, retention and graduation rates of Latino
- Recruits, retains, promotes and tenures greater numbers of
Latino faculty and staff.
- Provides increased opportunities for faculty and staff to
administrative and policy-making positions.
- Reflects the Latino experience throughout the curriculum.
- Improves its linkages with and service to the Latino community.
Article III - Membership
- Membership is open to current and former San José
State University faculty and staff personnel.
- Members are self-identified Latinos.
- The one member-one vote principle shall apply to full
- Academic year dues of twenty dollars is a prerequisite to membership.
Article IV – Officers
- The elected Officers shall be President, Vice-President,
Secretary, and Treasurer,
whose duties shall be those usually assigned to such officers.
- The Executive board consisting of the President,
Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer will act
on behalf of the Association in promoting the mission statement in Article II.