To schedule an advising appointment with one of our academic advisors, please read the information below and select the appropriate advisor.
- ADVISING HOLD REMOVAL - To have your College of Science hold removed, please contact your academic advisor. Click here for a list of faculty advisors by CoS Departments.
- GE advising - To meet with either Bruce Keeler or Gina Ciardella, please click on the blue button below and select either one. To meet with Rocio Avila, click on the following link: http://www.cs.sjsu.edu/~ravila/advising.htm.
- Chemistry - If your major is Chemistry (all concentrations), and you HAVEN'T completed Chem 113A, or you're interested in changing your major to Chemistry, then schedule an appointment with Bruce Keeler. If you have completed Chem 113A and received a grade of C or better, then you should contact your faculty advisor. Click here for the list of Chemistry faculty advisors.
- Biology - For general questions about the Biology major, university resources, and probation in the major, please contact Gina Ciardella. Gina also sees students by referral and on a case by case basis. If you are unsure if you should meet with Gina, e-mail her at Gina.Ciardella@sjsu.edu. If you'd like to change your major to biology and have taken less than 90 units, please contact Prof. Stephanie Trewhitt (Office: DH 237). For those with 90 units or more, you will need to contact Dr. Michael Sneary (Office: DH 254).
- Computer Science - For computer science majors, the advisor is Rocio Avila. To schedule an appointment with her, click on the following link: http://www.cs.sjsu.edu/~ravila/advising.htm.
- For questions about the following majors: Mathematics, Physics and Astronomy, Meteorology and Climate Science, Geology, please contact the major department office, or a faculty advisor. Click here of a list of CoS departments and their contact info.
If you feel you still need assistance, please call our College of Science Advising Center receptionist at 408-924-5193!