Tips To Learn More
- Meteorology Department Website.
- Read the department website to see if Meteorology would be a good fit.
- Check out the course requirements on info.sjsu.edu and ask yourself if you see yourself enjoying those types of classes.
- Career Center: Resources by Major
- Contains job sites and associations related to this field.
- Read through the job postings to see if it sounds like a field where you'd like to start a career.
- Conduct Informational Interviews
- Talk to people who are involved/work in this field and ask them about the work they do and why they pursued it. A great way to find out what you want to do in life is to learn about others' stories.
- Reach out to family, friends, professors, classmates, alumni, colleagues; join student clubs; attend panels/conferences/networking events; go to job fairs and/or information sessions; volunteer; etc.
- Use LinkedIn.
Below is an informational interview with Dr. Bridger, SJSU Meteorology professor and Department Chair. The information shared is not meant to cover ALL the information related to Meteorology.