COSAC Peer Advising
The purpose of the College of Science Peer Advisors is to provide the students of the College of Science with:
- A central location where they can go to have any questions answered.
- The ability to talk to other CoS students about any issues they are having, whether it be personal or academic.
- Information about the university and the college itself.
- Direct access to an academic advisor.
- Advice about being a CoS student from a student's perspective.
- For CoS students to be able to come to a friendly environment and have their questions
- To have knowledgeable Peer Advisor's (PA's) that know about all SJSU campus policies and CoS information; all of which will be compiled in a resource binder.
- To have PA's raise awareness about activities, issues, and resources for the CoS and SJSU students.
- To have PA's who will be active listeners and problem solvers for students.
- To help CoS students with problems/issues which they would feel more at ease talking about with a fellow student rather than with a professor or other faculty member.
- To have specific PA's assigned to ALL clubs of the CoS, to assist them with advertising and being more inclusive with the college.
- To help students with course registration, MySJSU issues, and general registration questions.