Mission for Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) Educational Programs
CAPS Educational Programs provides student success and life skills that promote academic success. Our program assists students in navigating the university by informing them of SJSU resources and policies and serving as a bridge to personal counseling to help students’ overall well-being. We work with students on an on-going basis to create tailored educational plans to meet their goals.
Educational Programs will increase the retention and graduation rates of SJSU students. This will be achieved by providing a positive space for students, by promoting accountability and empowerment and by helping students to set short and long term educational goals.
- Provide workshops, groups and special programs
- Help students learn study-skills, time-management skills and life-skills
- Help students set measurable goals and help with decision making
- Empower students to better navigate the university and SJSU policies to reach their educational goals
- Assist students who are disqualified or placed on probation
- Assist students in exploring major/career options
- Help students overcome academic difficulties and improve academic performance
What Can You Expect From Educational Counseling?
Please click on the links below to learn more about educational counseling:
Appointments. You can make an appointment by calling 408-924-5910 or by coming to our location (Student Wellness Center, third floor, Room 300B). Appointments are available from 8:30am-4:30pm daily. The first appointment you make will be 30 minutes. You should arrive about 30 min. before your appointment to complete some paperwork.
What to Bring. It is a highly recommended that you bring copies of your academic records/transcripts, especially if you are a transfer student or a returning student after a leave from SJSU. If you are a first semester frosh, then you will not yet have any records. However, all students should know their user ID and password for their MySJSU website.