M.A. In Counselor Education
M.A. in Counselor Education
The Master of Arts degree provides for the following professional specializations:
The Master of Arts degree with the specialization in College and University Counseling and Student Personnel will qualify the candidate for the Community College Counseling requirements under SB 1725.
The process by which to obtain your MA in Counselor Education is detailed below:
- Attend new student orientation
- Register for prerequisite classes at MySJSU.
- Add courses in classroom if you miss your enrollment appointments
- Complete all prerequisite courses
- Visit the advising assignment page to see who your advisor is
- Take 30 units advanced classes (four required and six elective courses)
- Once you’ve completed nine letter-graded upper level units, meet with your advisor to complete M.A. candidacy form.
- Discuss internship with your advisor
- Enroll in EDCO 221 to develop a project proposal
- Enroll in EDCO 298 to complete your project
- Take comprehensive exam [doc] at the end of the semester you plan to graduate
- Check the website for scheduled dates
- Apply for Award of Master’s Degree during the first month of the semester you plan to graduate
- Attend Department Graduation Reception and University Commencement in May