We recommend that you come in for an advising session once a semester.
There's no such thing as a typical advising meeting: you can discuss what classes you should take, find out whether Creative Arts is the right major for you, discuss an internship, file for graduation, discuss transfer classes, etc.
Lovingly nicknamed "the Treehouse," the Creative Arts Office is located in Room 419A of Clark Hall.
How to prepare for Creative Arts advising
- Know what you want to discuss.
- Know your student ID number.
- Bring a copy of your current course schedule with you.
- If you are a transfer student you must bring (unofficial) transcripts with you even if you have submitted them previously to the Registrar.
- In addition to seeing you advisor in Creative Arts, be sure to check in with a GE advisor over in Student Services (10th St. Garage) from time to time about your GE requirements and/or run a Degree Progress Report.
Creative Arts Program Office Hours
Dr. Shannon Rose Riley's advising hours for the Fall 2012 semester are:
The student assistant's hours for the Fall 2012 semester are:
The Creative Arts Student Assistant works 10 hours per week, as available based on his or her class schedule. Dr. Riley's advising hours will also change every semester depending on her teaching schedule.
The Creative Arts Program office is closed during summer and winter break. If you need assistance during these times, please contact Liza Rentschler at firstname.lastname@example.org or (408) 924-4463.
How to sign up for a Creative Arts advising meeting
By email: Write to Lorianna, the Creative Arts Student Assistant, at email@example.com to request an advising appointment. Describe the basic purpose of the meeting so that we can determine the amount of time needed for your appointment.
By phone: Call the Creative Arts office at (408) 924-4481 and someone will get back to you to schedule an appointment.
Sign-up Sheets: There are sign-up sheets posted on the glass doors outside Clark Hall 419 each Wednesday for the following week's advising hours. Please feel free to come sign up for a 15 minute time-slot. Sign up for two or more time-slots for longer conversations or more in-depth advising.
Walk-ins: You are more than welcome to stop by during advising hours (see Dr. Riley's Faculty webpage link, below) - But you might have to wait!