BSCS Program Objectives
Three to five years after graduation, successful graduates of the BSCS program will:
- Be making progress in their chosen career or advanced educational program.
- Be contributing to their chosen profession.
- Be growing in their professional abilities through self study and course work.
- Three to five years after graduation the successful graduate should have attained a position of responsibility in the workplace. The successful graduate is a decision maker. The successful graduate has an overview of his/her projects and their role in the employer's business strategy. The successful graduate will have developed one or more specialties. Alternatively, the successful graduate will be making reasonable progress toward an M.S. or Ph.D degree.
- Three to five years after graduation the successful graduate will be a member of one or more professional societies. The successful graduate attends conferences, maybe even helps organize these conferences. The successful graduate may have published papers.
- Three to five years after graduation the successful graduate has learned new languages and skills through short courses or self study.
Enabling the Mission
The Objectives enable the Mission of the BSCS program, which is:
To enable the graduates of the program to function as software engineers or to further their education in graduate school.