1.4. Tasks for Assessment of BSCS.OC4 in CS 160 at the Advanced level
Students who pass CS 160 should be able to learn an assigned topic not covered in lecture and perform tasks related to the topic.
Examples of tasks include:
- Create and use custom JavaServer Pages (JSP) tags to generate dynamic web pages for the application.
- Use JavaServer Faces (JSF) to implement the presentation layer of the application.
- Use the Jaxcent Java AJAX framework in the presentation layer of the application.
- Use the Hibernate tool to implement object-relational mapping in the data access layer of the application.
- Develop MySQL stored procedures and invoke them from the data access layer of the application.
- Implement a Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) server to authenticate users who are logging into the application.
- Use a testing framework such as Apache Cactus to implement a test suite for the servlet components of the application.
- Exam questions or programming assignments involving advanced Swing, use-case diagrams, database systems and JDBC, abstract factory pattern, Bugzilla, Ant, or CVS