Assignment: Resume & Cover Letter
Objective: To effectively create a cover letter that specifically describes a particular experience, which explains why you are perfect (ideal) for the position.
Assignment Goals (purpose): Upon completion of this assignment, students will be able to:
- Effectively communicate a summary of soft skills (collaborates well with colleagues, analytical skills, business manners, and etc.) and technical skills (Java, C++, Windows, and etc.) to future employers.
- Provide a potential employer with an overview of professional and academic accomplishments.
- Demonstrate to a potential employer your ability to communicate effectively in writing without grammar, syntax, and spelling errors.
- Write short, concise, active sentences that make clear your abilities, skills, and knowledge depth.
Objective: To effectively create a résumé from your vitae that will summarize relevant professional experience, education, and skills, which apply to a specific job opening.
Assignment Goal (purpose): Upon completion of this assignment, students will be able to:
- Learn how to search for solicited and unsolicited job bulletins and/or postings and create a relevant document.
- Summarize information directed to a specific job announcement.
- For example, answer the following questions:
- Questions posted in the job bulletin
- Questions created from the job statements
- Learn to determine length and breadth of your résumé by proper audience profile.