Assignment: LinkedIn Résumé & Professional Summary
Objective: To effectively create a professional summary that specifically describe a particular experience and/or project; explain to a potential employer why you are perfect (ideal) for the position. Ultimately, sell the business of "you."
Assignment Goals (purpose): Upon completion of this assignment, students will be able to:
- effectively communicate a summary of soft skills (collaborates well with colleagues, analytical skills, business manners, and etc.) and technical skills (Java, C++, Windows, and etc.) to future employers.
- provide a potential employer with an overview of professional and academic accomplishments.
- demonstrate to a potential employer your ability to communicate effectively in writing without grammar, syntax, and spelling errors.
- write short, concise, active sentences that make clear your abilities, skills, and knowledge depth.
- utilize the STAR (situation, tasks, actions, results) of communicating your accomplishments.
Objective: To effectively create a résumé summarizing relevant professional experience, education, and skills; communicate your skills, knowledge, and abilities as they pertain to a specific job opening.
Assignment Goal (purpose): Upon completion of this assignment, students will be able to:
- learn how to search for solicited and unsolicited job bulletins and/or postings and create a relevant document.
- summarize information directed to a specific job announcement.
- communicate their personal/professional brand and how this relates to a potential employer’s brand.