BA Dance - Student Learning Objectives
The following learning objectives were adopted by the program in April 2008
Students holding undergraduate liberal arts degrees must have:
- The ability to identify and work conceptually with the elements of dance.
- An understanding of the choreographic processes, aesthetic properties of style, and the ways these shape and are shaped by artistic and cultural ideas and contexts.
- An acquaintance with a wide selection of dance repertory, the principal eras, genres, and cultural sources.
- The ability to develop and defend critical evaluations.
- Fundamental knowledge of the body and of kinesiology as applicable to work in dance.
Students holding undergraduate liberal arts degrees must develop:
- Ability in performing consistent with the goals and objectives of the specific liberal arts degree program being followed, and appropriate to the individual's needs and interests.
- An understanding of procedures for realizing a variety of dance styles.
- Knowledge and/or skills in one or more areas of dance beyond basic course work and performance appropriate to the individual's needs and interests, and consistent with the goals and objectives of the specific liberal arts degree program being followed.
Previous learning objectives until