Degrees and Forms
Students should meet with their advisors every semester to evaluate their degree progress and determine what classes still need to be taken. The Degree Progress option on your MySJSU is not equivalent to meeting with your advisor. A full list of our faculty can be found here.
Student support for advising and career advice can be found at the College of Humanities and the Arts Student Success Center in Clark Hall 244. Visit us in person or via our website.
- Major Form - BFA Animation/Illustration [PDF](For BFA majors admitted from Fall 2013 to Fall 2015 only)*
- Major Form - BFA Animation/Illustration [PDF] (recommended for students who began attending before fall 2013)
- How to fill out the major form - BFA Animation/Illustration [PDF]
- How to fill out the major form - BA Design Studies [PDF]
- Internship Application (DsGN 127) [PDF]
- Internship Evaluation Form (DsGN 127) [PDF]
- Approved Electives [PDF]
*Note: Animation/Illustration is a highly impacted program, which means we have far more applicants and students than we can accommodate. Students wishing to pursue a major in Animation/Illustration need to apply directly to the Art/BFA Animation/Illustration when applying to SJSU. Students admitted into the Design Studies BA in 2014-2015 and 2015-2016 will only be able to take ANI classes on a space-available basis through department issued permission codes. All other students will not be allowed into ANI classes, and no internal changes of major will be available into the BFA Animation/Illustration until further notice.