Industrial Design Degrees and Forms
The Industrial Design program at San José State University offers a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Design.
- BS Industrial Design Program Description (PDF)
- BS Industrial Design Major Form and Roadmap 16/17
- BA Design Studies (ID Area) Major Form 16/17
- BA Design Studies (ID Area) Roadmap 16/17
- BS Industrial Design Major Form 15/16 (PDF)
- BS Industrial Design Road Map 15/16 (PDF)
- BS Industrial Design Major Form 12/14 (PDF)
- BS Industrial Design Road Map 14/15 (PDF)
- BA Design Studies (Industrial Design Area) Major Form (PDF)
- BA Design Studies (Industrial Design Area) Road Map (PDF)
- DSGN 127 Internship Application
- DSGN 127 Intern Evaluation Form
- Old Forms
For more information on individual courses in this major, visit the SJSU catalog.
BS - Bachelor of Science in Industrial Design
The program, established over thirty years ago, is open to all interested students and enrolls a wide variety of entrants, from recent high school graduates to junior college transfer students. The curriculum provides our students with a balance of theory, skill, and practice. Regular Portfolio Reviews guide our students through each stage of their education and ensure that they emerge ready to be leaders in the field.
We have both full–time and part–time faculty, so the program is well structured with continuity of learning from year–to–year, and has injections of specialist, up–to–the minute knowledge. Taking advantage of the program’s University setting, Industrial Design courses often collaborate with SJSU’s Anthropology, Business, and Engineering programs, and with foreign universities. Our students participate in a strong international exchange program with partners in Europe and Central America.