San Jose State University : Diversity Master Plan
President's Reading Group on Diversity – 2006
The president's reading group on diversity was created by former SJSU President Don Kassing in 2006. From this reading group made up of staff, faculty, students, and administrators, there sprouted the seed for our Diversity Master Plan effort.
Members of the 2006 President's Diversity Reading Group were:
- Maria Alaniz, College of Social Sciences
- Gonzaga de Gama, College of Applied Sciences & Arts
- Mary Yoko Brannen, College of Business
- Henry Gutierrez, College of Social Sciences
- Don W. Kassing, former SJSU President
- Annette Nellen, College of Business
- Judy Rickard, International and Extended Studies
- Martin Schulter, Disability Resources Center
- Wiggsy Sivertsen, Student Affairs
- Eloise Stiglitz, Student Affairs
- Sally Vergge, College of Science
- Hyon Chu Yi-Baker, Mosaic Cross-Cultural Center
Appointment of Director of Inclusive Excellence
In July 2007, former SJSU President Don Kassing appointed Rona Halualani as the director of inclusive excellence. Halualani stepped down as director in August 2009.
Inclusive Excellence Design Teams
Between 2007 and 2009, Inclusive Excellence Design Teams comprised of faculty, staff and administrators collaborated to provide input to the Diversity Master Plan.
The Diversity Master Plan was delivered on August 18, 2009.