Classifications and Terminology
University lecture rooms are categorized into three types of classrooms:
- Basic Classroom: VGA projector with audio.
- Expanded Classroom: HDMI projector with audio.
- Video Teleconference Classroom: HDMI video projector with audio, microphones and cameras for videoconferencing.
University lecture rooms may include the following technology and furniture:
- Document Camera: Projects a high quality video capture, includes ability to zoom in and out.
- Interactive Display: Electronic presentation and electronic white board, includes ability to annotate.
- White Board: Dry-erase board for use with nonpermanent erasable markers.
- Blackboard: Traditional chalkboard writing surface.
- Node Chairs: Moveable chair with attached writing surface.
- Tablet Arm Chairs: plastic chairs with no wheels and with attached writing surface.
- Fixed Seating: Non-moveable seats must be used in existing “fixed” position.
- Fixed Tables: Tables must be used in existing "fixed" position.
- Tables and Chairs: Moveable for various seating arrangements including large and small group settings.