NVivo is software that supports qualitative and mixed methods research. It helps
you organize, analyze and find insights in unstructured, or qualitative data. This
includes sources such as, interviews, open-ended survey responses, articles, social
media and web content. NVivo can support your research activities through quickly
organizing, storing and retrieving data, uncovering connections in ways that aren’t
possible manually and backing-up findings with evidence.
What is NVivo?
- Import and analyze text, images, video, emails, spreadsheets, online surveys,
web data and information from Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Text search, word frequency, theme, case, and relationship coding queries
- Import articles from reference management software
- Matrix coding and coding comparison queries
- Import survey data directly from note-taking software, SurveyMonkey, Evertnote, Onenote, and Qualtrics
- Hierarchical visualizations, geovisualizations, cluster analysis, project, concept
and mind maps
- Framework analysis, Automated Insights
- Charts, word clouds, word trees, explore and comparison diagrams
- Memos and annotations
NVivo is available for current students conducting qualitative research. Please fill out the NVivo Request Form for access.
NVivo is available for faculty and staff. If you are interested in accessing the software for personal research (not collaborating with student researchers), please contact your local desktop support technician. Locate your desktop support technician here. If you are interested in accessing the software for a research project, where you are collaborating with student researchers and/or investigating a student related research topic, please fill out the NVivo Request Form for access.
NVivo is available for both Windows and Mac.