Join the Team!
Help Us Reach Our Goals
Thank you for your interest in helping the SJSU Department of Economics provide high quality, student-focused economic education. Your generous supports helps us attract top faculty, provide challenging and dynamic instruction, and offer wide-ranging economics programming for our students with an emphasis on market process.
Some of the programs we offer:
1. Friday Afternoon Workshop - A scholarly research workshop that invites scholars from around the world to present their current research to our gradute students.
2. The David S. Saurman Provocative Lecture Series - A lecture series open to the public that invites attendees to consider intellectual arguments on controversial topics, generally from an economics perspective.
3. The Research Working Group - A support-group for students and junior faculty who are pursuing independent research on economic topics.
4. Undergraduated and Graduated Student Scholarship Programs - Many of our students have difficulty making ends meet in pricey Silicon Valley. Your donations allow students the ability to spend less time in the workplace, and more time at their studies, increasing their likelihood of academic success. We have scholarships based both on need and on merit.
5. Graduation Awards - The deparment recognizes one faculty or staff member, one graduate student and one undergraduate student during the annual department convocation ceremony.
6. Student Research Competitions - The deparment offers awards for completed research papers and research proposals at both the graduate and undergraduate level. Winners are encourage to participate in academic conferences where they can present their work to professional economists.
Gifts at Any Level are Welcome
San José State University Foundation is a nonprofit, educational organization, exempt from federal taxation under section 501(c)(3). Contributions to the Department of Economics through the Foundation are therefore tax-deductible.
If you would like to make a contribution to the Department of Economics by regular mail, please send a check payable to:
SJSU Foundation—Department of Economics
If you wish to direct your gift to a particular program within the Economics Department, you may do so by noting the program on the memo line of your check.
Please mail it to:
Dr. Colleen E. Haight, Ph.D.
Department Chair of Economics
San José State University
San José, CA 95192-0114
To make a credit card donation through SJSU, please visit the SJSU donation page and indicate under "purpose" that you would like your donation to go to our department.
There are many other ways to have a lasting and resounding impact on students. You can make donations of appreciated securities, real estate, or collections of books or artwork. You can also make us a beneficiary of your will or revocable trust.
For more information, please contact Betty S Tsewg - Senior Director of Development
408-924-1131 or email@example.com