Graduate Student Information
The Department of Economics offers two degree options from which graduate students can choose. Our MA program in Economics is flexible and allows you to tailor a course of study to fits your needs, in consultation with your academic advisor. Our MA program in Applied Economics has less flexibility, but is custom tailored to prepare you for applied careers.
Comprehensive Masters Exam
Important documents and Other Information
- Suggested Plan of Study
- FAQ about admission into the Masters Program
- Graduate Admissions (GAPE)
- Approved Economics Electives
- Probation and Disqualification
- Admission to Program and Candidacy
- Careers, Internships, Awards and Scholarships
- Schedule of Course Offerings (updated 11/2004)
- SJSU Plagiarism / Academic Misconduct Policy
- SJSU Counseling Services
- Read what Economics graduates have to say...