Independent Studies

Students can also complete a supervised independent study (ECON 180 or ECON 298) for course credit. Students must identify a topic of study and work with a faculty advisor. It is highly recommended that the student begin this process well before the beginning of the semester in which the students hopes to complete the Independent Study.

The requirements for earning four units of credit for ECON 180 are similar to those for any other undergraduate class, but the course is graded pass/fail. The requirements for earning three units of credit for ECON 298 are similar to those for ECON 180 but graduate level work is expected.

Permission codes for Independent Studies are provided by the faculty member directing the student's work.