Through the generous contributions of supporters, foundations and alumni the Department of Economics is able to offer the following scholarships to undergraduate and graduate students. In all cases, students must be officially declared economics majors and in good standing. Please see further information on the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office website.
The Department of Economics offers the Spartanomics Scholarship. Award amounts are
between $500-750 and are available to undergraduate and graduate economic students
with at least a 3.2 GPA. The application opens January 23, 2018.
- Go to Spartan Scholarships and click the blue button, 'Apply for SJSU Scholarships' and log in using your MySJSU login information
- Complete and submit the General Application - This will give you access to other scholarships in addition to the Spartanomics scholarship
- Click on the "Opportunities" menu and select "Recommended."
- Find the scholarship/award opportunity of interest and click on the "Apply" button.
- Provide any supplemental application material (e.g., letter of recommendation, etc.)
Graduate Fellowships in Austrian Economics
The Department of Economics offers fellowships for students interested in pursuing
graduate studies in Austrian Economics. Interested students should contact:
Jeffrey Rogers Hummel
email@example.com | 408-924-5418
College of Social Science Scholarships
Outstanding achievement by students majoring in one of the Social Sciences is recognized by the award of College Scholarships at a Spring Honors Ceremony. The scholarships represent the generosity of many friends and alumni. They honor former deans and students in the College of Social Sciences. These scholarships are designed to reward academic excellence, as well as to help finance the ever-increasing costs of higher education. Selection reflects impressive accomplishments of a college career. For more information, please visit the College of Social Sciences page.
Office of Graduate and Undergraduate Programs
The Office of Graduate Studies along with San Jose State University and the California State University system are proud to sponsor several programs, awards, and competitions designed to cultivate and encourage student research and scholarship for current graduate students. Scholarships and Awards