To develop activist leaders for social justice and equity.
Our Core Values
As an Educational Leadership Department we believe in the strengths of all students and deeply embrace these core values:
- Public education as cornerstone to a democracy
- Equity to maximize learning within the context of social justice for all students
- Collaboration as we work together and with others
- A focus on leadership with commitment to teacher leadership to improve student achievement.
- Research, inquiry, reflection, and continuous professional learning for on-going improvement of our work and that of schools
- Partnerships with school districts, families, professional organizations, city, local and the business community
Themes Emphasized in the Program
- Building equity in diverse communities
- Role of schooling in a democratic society
- Inquiry and reflective practice
- Managing and leading change
- Administrative concepts and management strategies