The vision of the Educational Administration Program is to prepare courageous, reflective leaders who will guide their educational communities to create and sustain schools in which all students and staffs use their minds and hearts well.
Our Educational Leadership Themes
- Leadership Concepts and Management Strategies
- Role of Schooling in a Democratic Society
- Building Equity in Diverse Communities
- Facilitating Collaborative Change
- Inquiry, Research, Learning, and Reflective Practice
As an Educational Leadership Department we believe in the strengths of all students and deeply embrace these core values:
- Public education as cornerstone to a democracy
- Equity to maximize learning within the context of social justice for all students
- Collaboration as we work together and with others
- A focus on leadership with commitment to teacher leadership to improve student achievement.
- Research, inquiry, reflection, and continuous professional learning for on-going improvement of our work and that of schools
- Partnerships with school districts, families, professional organizations, city, local and the business community
- California Professional Standards for Educational Leaders (CPSELS)
- Download the handy reference card: CPSEL Card [pdf]
Consider donating to the Educational Leadership Department by clicking on the link- Giving to Educational Leadership Department. This will take you to the university's donation page. Please designate under 'alternate purpose' that you would like your donation to go to our department.