To develop activist leaders for social justice and equity.
- Leadership Concepts and Management Strategies
- Role of Schooling in a Democratic Society
- Building Equity in Diverse Communities
- Facilitating Collaborative Change
- Inquiry, Research, Learning, and Reflective Practice
As an Educational Leadership Department we believe in the strengths of all students and deeply embrace these core values:
- Public education as cornerstone to a democracy
- Equity to maximize learning within the context of social justice for all students
- Collaboration as we work together and with others
- A focus on leadership with commitment to teacher leadership to improve student achievement.
- Research, inquiry, reflection, and continuous professional learning for on-going improvement of our work and that of schools
- Partnerships with school districts, families, professional organizations, city, local and the business community
- California Professional Standards for Educational Leaders (CPSELS)
- Download the handy reference card: CPSEL Card [pdf]
Consider donating to the Educational Leadership Department by clicking on the link- Giving to Educational Leadership Department. This will take you to the university's donation page. Please designate under 'alternate purpose' that you would like your donation to go to our department.