Apply for Tier 1 Credential
Credential Email Website
In order to apply for your Certificate of Eligibility or Preliminary Administrative
Credential (Tier 1) you will need to complete all three steps found on this website.
Below you will find some specific information to keep in mind.
1. Complete the information sheet ONLINE, print and submit as part of your application.
2. The $25 can ONLY be submitted ONLINE, we will not accept any forms of payment in our office.
3. Be sure to have copies of ALL items listed on the checklist in order to avoid delays.
4. Your Approved Program Contract MUST be signed by your department Chair before you come in to apply. Please fax your completed program contract to 408-924-3612.
5. Official SJSU transcripts reflecting the completion of ALL required coursework must be submitted in order for your application to be complete. Please apply AFTER you have final transcripts. If you completed any required credential course at a different institution you will be required to submit an OFFICIAL transcript reflecting the successful completion of that course.
6. If you are NOT currently employed as an Administrator you must still apply (you will be applying for a Certificate of Eligibility)
Credential’s Office is located in Sweeney Hall 107.
There is no appointment necessary.
We are open 9-5 Monday- Thursday,
9-4 Friday, we close daily from 12-1pm.
Mail complete application to:
San Jose State University -Credentials
One Washington Square
San Jose, CA, 95192-0015
If you can not make it in during office hours you can put your application in the drop slot on door Sweeney Hall 108.
If you have any questions please email Credentials Office at email@example.com