A school administrator is an educational leader who promotes the success of all students by facilitating the development, articulation, implementation and stewardship of a vision of learning that is shared and supported by the school community.
To achieve Standard 1, an educational leader must promote a vision of learning:
- 1.1 Facilitate the development of a shared vision for the achievement of all students based upon data from multiple measures of student learning and relevant qualitative indicators.
- 1.2 Communicate and implement the shared vision so the entire school community understands and acts on the mission of the school as a standards-based education system.
- 1.3 Leverage and marshal sufficient resources to implement and attain the vision for all students and all sub groups of students.
- 1.4 Identify and address any barriers to accomplishing the vision.
- 1.5 Shape school programs, plans, and activities to ensure integration, articulation and consistency with the vision.
- 1.6 Use the influence of diversity to improve teaching and learning.