A school administrator is an educational leader who promotes the success of all students by ensuring management of the organization, operations, and resources for a safe, efficient, and effective learning environment.
To achieve Standard 3, an educational leader must manage the learning environment:
- Monitor and evaluate the program and staff at the site.
- Establish school structures, patterns, and processes that support student learning.
- Manage legal and contractual agreements and records in ways that foster a professional work environment and secure privacy and confidentiality for all students and staff
- Align fiscal, human and material resources to support the learning of all students and groups of students.
- Sustain a safe, efficient, clean, well-maintained and productive school environment that nurtures student learning and supports the professional growth of teachers and support staff.
- Utilize the principles of systems management, organizational development, problem solving, and decision-making techniques fairly and effectively.
- Utilize effective and nurturing practices in establishing student behavior management systems.