A school administrator is an educational leader who promotes the success of all students by collaborating with families and community members, responding to diverse community interests and needs, and mobilizing community resources.
To achieve Standard 4, an educational leader must collaborate with, respond to, and mobilize the community:
- Incorporate information about family and community expectations into school decision-making and activities.
- Recognize and respect the goals and aspirations of diverse family and community groups.
- Treat diverse community stakeholder groups with fairness and respect.
- Support the equitable success of all students and all subgroups of students through the mobilization and leveraging of community support services.
- Strengthen the school through the establishment of community, business, institutional, and civic partnerships.
- Communicate information about the school on a regular and predictable basis though a variety of media and modes.