Welcome to the Department of Educational Leadership!
Thank you for your interest in our department. We are located in Sweeney Hall 219 and are one of seven departments within the Connie L. Lurie College of Education.
The Department of Educational Leadership offers a Master of Arts in Education: Administration & Supervision and the Preliminary Administrative Services Credential. It is the department’s goal to prepare administrators who are dedicated to fostering equity and excellence in education while respecting and appreciating diversity. Our graduates are committed to promoting social justice, building equity in diverse communities, and facilitating collaborative change.
If you are interested in applying, please complete both the SJSU Graduate Admissions and Program Evaluation (GAPE) Requirements and the Department of Educational Leadership application.
To prepare educational leaders for the 21st century who strive for academic excellence and equity of opportunity in K-12 schools.
- Administrative concepts and management strategies
- Role of schooling in a democratic society
- Building equity in diverse communities
- Facilitating collaborative change
- Research and reflective practice
At the end of the program, graduates will know and be able to provide school leadership for the development of a challenging, supportive, and equitable learning environment. SJSU grants a Master of Arts in Education: Administration & Supervision and graduates are eligible for the Preliminary Administrative Service Credential (Tier 1).
Coursework consists of both Hybrid (H) and Face-to-Face (F2F) formats. Students are only required to meet on campus approximately once a month with Hybrid courses; assignments are regularly submitted online throughout the semester. Face-to-Face (F2F) courses meet on campus once a week. Generally, Hybrid meeting dates will be during the same week.
- April 2, 4-5pm; SJSU Sweeney Hall 448
- April 8, 4-5 pm; East Side Union High School District
- April 8, 4-5pm; Pajaro Valley Unified School District, Rm 6
- April 16, 4-5pm; SJSU Sweeney Hall 448
- April 16, 4-5pm; Salinas City Elementary School District
- April 17, 4-5pm; Soledad High School; Mission Room
- April 21, 4-5pm; SJSU Sweeney Hall 335
- April 30, 2-4pm; Alisal School District; Boardroom
- May 1, 4-5pm; SJSU Sweeney Hall 335
- May 1, 4-5pm; Greenfield USD; Mary Chapa Elementary
- May 5, 4-5pm; Santa Cruz County Office of Education
- May 7, 4-5pm; SJSU Sweeney Hall 448
- May 22, 4-5pm; SJSU Sweeney Hall 335
- May 28, 4-5pm; SJSU Sweeney Hall 335
- June 5, 4-5pm; SJSU Sweeney Hall 335
*** please email Bryon McIntyre firstname.lastname@example.org if you are planning to attend a session***
University Deadline: July 1, 2014
Department Deadline: July 15, 2014
University Deadline: November 1, 2014
Department Deadline: November 15, 2014
Thursday, May 15, 2014, 5pm
Sweeney Hall 335
SAVE THE DATE
Graduation Celebration Dinner
Wednesday, May 21, 2014
Dinner begins at 6pm
Ed.D. Leadership Program
New Cohort Begins Summer 2014