International Students and Foreign Transcript Evaluation

The California Commission on Teacher Credentialing requires all individuals who have completed college or university coursework at an institution in a country other than the United States to obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts/degrees.  The evaluation must result in an equivalent U.S. bachelors or masters degree.  If an individual holds a masters degree from an accredited U.S. University or College, evaluation of undergraduate course work is not required for CTC, however, it may still be required for admission by SJSU's Graduate Admission and Program Evaluation office.  You may visit SJSU's GAPE website for more information about the transcript evaluation process. Or you may contact GAPE at for assistance.


Note: We recommend using WES (World Education Services) for your evaluation since it is accepted by both CTC and SJSU's Graduate Admission and Program Evaluation (GAPE) office.