On-Campus and Off-Campus Program Comparison
- Classes are held at off campus locations such as
- Lucas Business Complex - 2933 Bunker Hill Lane, Suite 120, Santa Clara, CA 95054
- Mission College – 3000 Mission College Blvd, Santa Clara, CA 95054
- on-site at a corporation
- Classes are held on the main campus of San José State University at One Washington Square, San José, CA 95192
Curriculum & Schedule
- A program of study is predetermined for each off-campus degree program.
- Depending on the degree program, courses can be 8, 11, or 16 weeks long.
- Classes are held one night a week, and may include two Saturday sessions per course.
- Summer courses are mandatory.
- Students choose their program of study schedule every semester, including electives based on interests or program requirements.
- Courses are 16 weeks long.
- Classes meet on varying days/times. The Schedule of Classes is published prior to each semester and may include multiple sections of each class.
- Summer courses are optional.
- The program begins and ends at a predetermined time, ensuring students complete their degree in two years for a single degree program. Due to the cohort nature of off-campus programs, students are guaranteed a seat in all program courses.
- Typical duration of the program study is two years for a full time student. Taking classes on a part-time basis is possible but will lengthen the time required to complete the degree.
- Campus closures and regularly scheduled holidays may not apply to off-campus programs. Make sure to check the specific program schedule for dates.
- Campus closures are scheduled and posted on the online Academic Calendars.
- Single degree: $850/unit = $2,550/course = $25,500/degree
- Corporate degree: $1,000/unit = $3,000/course = $33,000/degree
- No additional fees are required for non-residents. Textbooks are not included in program cost.
- Costs are subject to change based on University-mandated fee increases.
- Students are assessed a flat tuition fee and various mandatory registration fees for main campus amenities and resources.
- 6 units or less = $3,109/semester (Fall 2018)
- 6.1 units or more = $4,615/semester (Fall 2018)
- Non-residents are required to pay an additional $396 per unit.
- All CSU listed fees should be regarded as estimates that are subject to change upon approval by The Board of Trustees. Fees listed in published schedules or student accounts may need to be increased when public funding is inadequate. A list of current registration fees is available on the Bursar’s Office website.
Included in the tuition & registration fees
- Access to MLK Jr. Library
- Access to the Sport Club and Aquatic facilities on campus
- Access to MLK Jr. Library on campus
- SJSU Tower Card